This is a very hot November for the quantitative history of philosophy!
On Thursday 14th Eugenio Petrovich gave an informal seminar in Italian, entitled “Approcci reticolari in storia della filosofia analitica contemporanea: reti di citazioni e reti di acknowledgments” (Network approaches in the history of contemporary analytic philosophy: citations networks and acknowledgments networks) (picture on the left)
On Friday 15th Rinascimenti Sociali hosted DR2 and our partner Synapta srl the Final Event of the project REPOSUM, sponsored by Fondazione CRT (picture on the right). On this occasion, we also inuagurated a Twitter account: follow @DR2Network!
But the DR2 November is not over: further events await!
- On Wednesday, November 20th, h17-19, via Sant’Ottavio 20, Palazzo Nuovo, room 10 (1st floor), Franco Moretti will give a lecture entitled “Bivio. Lo studio della letteratura tra ermeneutica e quantificazione” (in Italian).
- The following days, November 21st and 22nd, Moretti but also Guido Bonino and Paolo Tripodi will be among the speakers of the international conference “Forms, History, Narrations, Big Data: Morphology and Historical Sequence”.
- Franco Moretti will give his talk on Thursday, November 21st, h11.30, Rettorato, Aula Magna (via Po 17): Simulazioni, forme, storia
- Paolo Tripodi and Guido Bonino will give their talk on Thursday, November 21st, h16.30, Rettorato, Sala Principi D’Acaja (via Po 17): Distant Reading and the Goldilocks Principle
- The following week, on Wednesday, November 27th, h12, via Sant’Ottavio 20, Palazzo Nuovo, room Aula di Medievale (2nd floor), Carlo Debernardi, Eleonora Priori and Marco Viola will deliver a speech entitled Simulating epistemic bias in Academic recruiting (part of the DR2 project Epistemic Bias and Pluralism in Science).
All the events are free and do not require registration: everybody is welcome!